Marcon and QuadReal, along with architects Perkins + Will are planning to redevelop the Chrysler dealership at Lougheed Highway and Pinetree Way in Coquitlam.
The 11.6 acre site will be developed in two phases, consisting of:
- two rental apartment towers with 1,000 units
- one strata condominium tower with 500 units
- 535,000 square feet of retail, office and hotel
- 0.3 acre urban plaza
- five strata condominium towers with 2,500 units
- 47,000 square feet of retail space
- 1.2 acre urban park
- 0.6 acre public park, and a 10 metre-wide greenway
Renderings: Coquitlam Chrysler redevelopment
The hotel will be a three stars, comparable to a Hilton or Marriott brand, and include 150 rooms and a 20,000 sq. ft. conference centre with a 5,200 sq. ft. ballroom with capacity for 400 people. Marcon is requesting a financial contribution from the City of Coquitlam in the amount of $7.6 million towards Marcon’s capital costs for the construction of the shell of the conference centre (20,000 sq. ft.).
The two rental towers in phase one will include 150 units of below-market rental housing, and a pedestrian/cyclist bridge will be constructed over Lougheed Highway, connecting the site to the TransLink bus depot.
The upcoming development is across from Coquitlam Centre, which owners Morguard Investments plan to redevelop with up to nine towers in phase one.