A unique, mixed-use building is proposed for Railway Street in the emerging Railtown neighbourhood in the Downtown Eastside.
The building, developed by Rendition Developments and Omicron, is called the Maker Exchange. The seven-storey building is permitted under the area’s industrial (I-4) zoning.
The building will contain the following:
- Manufacturing uses on the first through sixth floors;
- General office uses on the sixth and seventh floors;
- Two restaurants, class 1 on the first floor
- underground parking for 160 vehicles
- four high-speed elevators
Materials will include pre-finished metal cladding, concrete and clay masonry veneer, and architectural concrete.
Amenities will include:
- outdoor view balconies on select floors with full gas, water and electrical
- large amenity roof deck with views of downtown Vancouver and the North Shore
- bicycle storage and end-of-trip facilities
- exclusive use of private shuttle bus service to TransLink locations
The architect on the project is Mallen Gowing Berzins Architecture Inc. (MGBA). Occupancy is expected for Q3 2020.