23.8 C
Vancouver
Sunday, July 21, 2024

East Vancouver church to see 104 rental units added in redevelopment

A rezoning application has been filed to redevelop the Lakeview Multicultural United Church at Semlin Drive and East 12th Avenue.

The new, six-storey building will include 104 rental units, a new church and one level of underground parking. The redevelopment is a partnership between the church and BC Housing, designed by SHAPE Architecture.

Approximately 30 per cent of the units will be permanently secured as affordable housing, to be occupied by households at a rent tied to household income. The remaining 70 per cent will be rented at market rates.

The development is proposed to be built to Passive House Near Zero Emissions Buildings requirements.

Lakeview Multicultural United Church redevelopment
Credit: SHAPE Architecture

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news.

Peter Meiszner
Peter Meiszner
Peter Meiszner is an experienced journalist and media relations professional, based in Vancouver. As founder of urbanYVR.com, he has been reporting on urban development across the Lower Mainland since 2016, and has also served as vice-chair of the Gastown Historic Area Planning Committee. In October 2022, he was elected to Vancouver city council and is no longer actively reporting for urbanYVR.

Related Articles

Stay Connected

872FansLike
4,971FollowersFollow
4,165FollowersFollow
Snaile Smart Parcel Lockers

Latest Articles

Urban Planning

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news.