The western gateway to North Vancouver — currently dotted with aging hotels and low rise commercial buildings — is getting a major makeover.
The District of North Vancouver has an ambitious plan to transform the area around Capilano Road and Marine Drive into a mixed-use, high-density neighbourhood called Lions Gate Village.
The marketing agency behind the project is Pacesetter Marketing.
The district’s envisions the area as “a vibrant, pedestrian-oriented neighbourhood, with local-serving businesses, jobs, a community recreation centre, and a mix of housing options for residents at every stage of life.”
The area will have 2,000 units of housing when completely built out. The district’s plans have attracted significant interest from developers, and several projects are on the way.
Park West at Lions Gate
Pacific Gate Investments was one of the first developers to apply for a rezoning. The developer is proposing a two-tower market residential development on the site of the current Grouse Inn.
Park West at Lions Gate will contain 258 condominium units:
- 96 one-bedroom
- 138 two-bedroom
- 24 three-bedroom
- commercial space, including a small grocery store, restaurant, retail and daycare
- approximately 485 stalls on two levels of underground parking
Lions Gate Towers
Address: 2035 Fullerton Ave.
- redevelopment in four phases over ten years
- 451 market rental units
- seven buildings with heights ranging from four to 18 storeys
- an underground mini storage facility
- a public community centre, park and plaza
- 631 underground parking spaces
Comfort Inn / Best Western site
Address: 1634 and 1748 Capilano Road
Architect: Musson Cattell Mackay Partnership
- 275 condominium units in 24-storey tower
- 24 market rental units in three-storey building
- 170 hotel rooms in 10-storey building
- parking for 525 vehicles
Address: 2050-2070 Marine Drive
Developer: Marvel Group
- One 26-storey residential tower
- Adjacent townhomes
- One low-rise residential building