Polygon Homes has applied to rezone several properties it owns in the Capstan Village neighbourhood of Richmond to build a new, mixed-use development with over 1,000 homes, known as Talisman Park.
The plan calls for:
- 1,014 market strata condos
- 156 affordable housing units to be operated by S.U.C.C.E.S.S., which assists new immigrants to Canada
- 171 market rental housing units
- 8,438 square feet of commercial space
- A 58,421 square feet city park on southeast corner of the site
- and 33,277 square feet of additional open public space
Renderings: Polygon Talisman Capstan Village development
The development will be built out in four phases, with the affordable housing units delivered as part of the first phase. The overall development site is 13.5 acres.
The form of development will consist of six concrete high-rises and two low-rise wood construction buildings.
The renderings, while conceptual at this point, are by architecture firm IBI Group.
New Capstan Village Canada Line Station to open in 2023
TransLink has begun construction on a new Canada Line station at Capstan Village, expected to open in spring 2023. The City of Richmond has been raising funds from developers in the area since 2012 to fund construction of the project.