Fans of architecture and design took in the annual Vancouver Modern Home Tour on Saturday, and got a first-hand look at some of the best examples of modern home design in the Lower Mainland.
The sixth annual tour, presented by the Modern Architecture+Design Society (MA+DS), included a self-guided tour of five spectacular homes around Vancouver, West Vancouver and North Vancouver. Tour attendees viewed the homes inside and out, in an “open house” style format, asking questions of some of Metro Vancouver’s top architects, designers and home builders.
The five homes were as follows:
- A brand-new home in the Dunbar-Southlands neighbourhood by the newly formed SeaChange Property Development – a new partnership between BattersbyHowat Architects and Natural Balance Home Builders
- A new home designed by Synthesis Designs, nestled in the heart of North Vancouver’s Deep Cove neighbourhood
- A sophisticated, fully renovated West Vancouver penthouse in the heart of Hollyburn, also designed by Synthesis Designs.
- A 2017 Lanefab Design/Build renovation and addition to a 1965 Arthur Erickson home, known locally as the ‘the Wedge House,’ in North Vancouver’s Edgemont Village
- A second Lanefab Design/Build design, a laneway home, located in the Mt. Pleasant neighbourhood
3234 West 21st Avenue (Dunbar-Southlands)
‘The Wedge House’ North Vancouver
East Vancouver laneway house
More details on the homes, and tickets can be found at www.vancouvermodernhometour.com